We are offering routes for cyclists of all abilities. All rides start and finish in the Village of Pleasant Valley, MD which is about 6 miles west of Westminster, MD. We will be offering FIVE great road routes in 2022. We have road routes of 35 miles, 40 miles, 50 miles, 62 miles, and a full century of 103 miles. All routes are fully supported with SAG/Sweep and either a water or rest stop approximately every 15 miles.
The Pleasant Valley Fire Company will be preparing you a full “All you can eat lunch” to enjoy after your ride. Our goal is for you is to have a SAFE and FUN day of cycling.
If you have any questions please contact David Yonkoski on 240-357-0593 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost Per Rider: Mail-in and Active.com is $45, same-day registration is $50
Includes: Full “all you can eat” Firefighter Lunch, fully supported routes.
T-shirts are also available on the event day for $15 each. First come first serve.
How to Register:
- Mail-in Registration ($45)
- Active.com($45 plus Active.com fees) Online Registration closes Friday, July 10 at 11:30 PM
- Same Day ($50)
- “Buck Miller Memorial Century Ride” :103 miles with about 5300 ft of climbing. (The Century route has been modified in 2022 because of proposed road work in the Mountain stage, this may required you to cycle several hundred ft on hard packed dirt roads. The Century also has about 10 miles of technical descents, NOT suitable for novice cyclists. Please take this advice SERIOUSLY, you can get into trouble very quickly on these descents.)
- “Bounds Accounting and Tax Service Metric Century Ride”: 62 miles with about 3500 ft of climbing. Route has been modified extensively in 2022 , we hope you enjoy the revised route.
- “Shelter Systems Ltd. Half Century Ride”: 50 miles with about 2500 ft of climbing.
- 35 Mile Loop: 35 mile with about 1500 ft of climbing.
- Gravel and Grit 40: [NEW FOR 2022] 40 mile loop with 50 plus percent gravel/dirt roads. This is a modified out and back course with about 2700 ft of climbing, Not recommended for bikes with less than 700 x 28 tires.
- 6:00-9:00 AM: Same Day Event Registration and rider check in. Note: Online Active.com registration closes on Friday, July 10 at 11:30 PM
- 6:00-9:00 AM Show and Go (start when you want) BUT based on our experience we HIGHLY recommend you start cycling the different routes no later than the times listed below. These recommended start times seem to allow the “average” rider plenty of time to ride, enjoy the route and rest/water stops and still have plenty of time for our lunch.
- Century: 6:30 AM
- Metric Century: 7:30 AM
- Half-Century: 8:00 AM
- 35 Mile Route: 9:00 AM
- Gravel and Grit 40: 8:30 AM
- 11:00 AM-5:00 PM: Lunch “All you can eat” so PLEASE enjoy in our air-conditioned dining hall
The Start/Finish Location
Pleasant Valley Community Fire Company
2030 South Pleasant Valley Road
Westminster, MD 21158
2022 Fire Chief Sponsors
Learn about all of our 2022 Sponsors