The 9th annual Firefighter 50 bike ride will be held on Sunday, June 13, 2021. (New date recently updated!)
We are offering routes for cyclists of all abilities. All rides start and finish in the Village of Pleasant Valley, MD which is about 6 miles west of Westminster, MD. We will be offering four great road routes in 2020. We have road routes of 35 miles, 50 miles,62 miles and a full century of 100 miles. All routes are fully supported with SAG/Sweep and either a water or rest stop approximately every 15 miles. The Pleasant Valley Fire Company will be preparing you a full “All you can eat lunch” to enjoy after your ride. Our goal is for you is to have a SAFE and FUN day of cycling. If you have any questions please contact David Yonkoski on 240-357-0593 or email him at email@example.com.
What’s new for 2020?
We are sorry to announce the cancellation of the 2020 Firefighter 50 Bike Ride. Your health and safety are paramount to us, and with the coronavirus and the multitude of serious issues associated with it, we will be unable to prepare for and properly sponsor the Firefighter 50 Bike Ride this year. Read more..
We have increased the number of water or rest stops on all routes. So you will have either a water or full rest stop approximately every 15 miles. Plus all SAG vehicles have cold drinks and snacks. Ice will be available at ALL stops to assure you of the coldest drinks. Frozen water bottles are also available at the fire hall. We recommend ALL rider carry at least two water bottles on their bikes.
We have revised the Metric Century Century route. We have taken inputs from a number of local cyclists in Carroll and Frederick County Maryland and modified the route to what we think is total fun !!!!!
The century route has been modified due to bridgework in northern Frederick County, MD. As you descend from Blue Ridge Summit, PA you will cycle a different route to reach Emmitsburg, MD.
Cost Per Rider: Mail-in and Active.com is $35, same-day registration is $40
Includes: Full “all you can eat” Firefighter Lunch, fully supported routes.
T-shirts are also available on the event day for $15 each. First come first serve.
How to Register:
- Mail-in Registration ($35)
- Active.com($35 plus Active.com fees) Online Registration closes Friday, July 17 at 11:30 PM
- Same Day ($40)
- The Buck Miller Memorial Century Ride (100 miles)
- The Bounds Accounting & Tax Services Metric Century Ride (62 miles)
- The Shelter Systems Enthusiast Half Century Ride (50 miles)
- 35 Mile Loop
- 6:00-9:00 AM: Same Day Event Registration and rider check inNote: Online Active.com registration closes on Friday, July 17 at 11:30 PM
- 6:00-9:00 AM Show and Go (start when you want) BUT based on our experience we HIGHLY recommend you start cycling the different routes no later than the times listed below. These recommended start times seem to allow the “average” rider plenty of time to ride, enjoy the route and rest/water stops and still have plenty of time for our lunch.
- Century: 6:30 AM
- Metric Century: 7:30 AM
- Half-Century: 8:00 AM
- 35 Mile Route: 9:00 AM
- 11:00 AM-5:00 PM: Lunch “All you can eat” so PLEASE enjoy in our air-conditioned dining hall
The Start/Finish Location
Pleasant Valley Community Fire Company
2030 South Pleasant Valley Road
Westminster, MD 21158