The 9th annual Firefighter 50 bike ride will be held on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
We are offering routes for cyclists of all abilities. All rides start and finish in the Village of Pleasant Valley, MD which is about 6 miles west of Westminster, MD. We will be offering four great road routes in 2020. We have road routes of 35 miles, 50 miles,62 miles and a full century of 100 miles. All routes are fully supported with SAG/Sweep and either a water or rest stop approximately every 15 miles. The Pleasant Valley Fire Company will be preparing you a full “All you can eat lunch” to enjoy after your ride. Our goal is for you is to have a SAFE and FUN day of cycling. If you have any questions please contact David Yonkoski on 240-357-0593 or email him at email@example.com.
What’s new for 2020?
We have increased the number of water or rest stops on all routes. So you will have either a water or full rest stop approximately every 15 miles. Plus all SAG vehicles have cold drinks and snacks. Ice will be available at ALL stops to assure you of the coldest drinks. Frozen water bottles are also available at the fire hall. We recommend ALL rider carry at least two water bottles on their bikes.
We have revised the Metric Century Century route. We have taken inputs from a number of local cyclists in Carroll and Frederick County Maryland and modified the route to what we think is total fun !!!!!
The century route has been modified due to bridgework in northern Frederick County, MD. As you descend from Blue Ridge Summit, PA you will cycle a different route to reach Emmitsburg, MD.
Includes: Full “all you can eat” Firefighter Lunch, fully supported routes.
T-shirts are also available on the event day for $15 each. First come first serve.
How to Register:
- Mail-in Registration ($35)
- Active.com($35 plus Active.com fees) Online Registration closes Friday, July 17 at 11:30 PM
- Same Day ($40)
- 100 Mile Firefighter Century
- 62 Mile Metric Century
- 50 Mile Half Century
- 35 Mile Loop
- 6:00-9:00 AM: Same Day Event Registration and rider check inNote: Online Active.com registration closes on Friday, July 17 at 11:30 PM
- 6:00-9:00 AM Show and Go (start when you want) BUT based on our experience we HIGHLY recommend you start cycling the different routes no later than the times listed below. These recommended start times seem to allow the “average” rider plenty of time to ride, enjoy the route and rest/water stops and still have plenty of time for our lunch.
- Century: 6:30 AM
- Metric Century: 7:30 AM
- Half-Century: 8:00 AM
- 35 Mile Route: 9:00 AM
- 11:00 AM-5:00 PM: Lunch “All you can eat” so PLEASE enjoy in our air-conditioned dining hall
The Start/Finish Location
Pleasant Valley Community Fire Company
2030 South Pleasant Valley Road
Westminster, MD 21158